Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, August 31, 2009

Change of plans!

Sunday night Chris, I and the girls were supposed to be meeting Chris' brother and his Girlfriend for dinner. They decided they couldn't go so we spent the evening together as just a four person family. Never happens! At first I think we were bummed but ended up having a great time. First off we took the girls to the nearby lake. It was about time for them to eat but we decided to get a few pictures first. We have thousands (seriously) pictures of them but not alot with us. Kinley was asleep for most of the picture taking. Lately when Kinley is finally asleep you do just about everything to keep her that way. 

Madelyn and I enjoying the slightly cooler weather
Chris and Madelyn

Madelyn left, Kinley right
Chris and his girls. 
They would much rather watch boats than take pictures
I love this picture!
This was the last attempt. I think all three of them had enough.
Kinley on left, Madelyn right
After we went to the Lake we went out to eat. I figured since the girls had eaten their last bottle at the lake, they would go to sleep. Boy, was I wrong!!!! The whole plan backfired...mostly on Kinley's behalf. I swear the last week or so she has to scream for at least 20 minutes before falling asleep. At home that's not that bad, but at a restaurant it's not so good. I finally left Chris and Madelyn to pay the check so Kinley and I could walk out. I get self conscious of letting them cry in public places. We get to the front of the restaurant and all the hostess want to see her. She of course turns the charm on. For those of you that have met her, you know what I am talking about. As soon as you talk to her she shoots you a HUGE smile seconds after screaming her head off. After a few minutes of being in the car they both fell fast asleep. 

 Despite the rocky dinner we had a great time as a family! 

Photobucket

10 comments:

Suzanne said...

SOOOOO special to go out and spend time together as a family! loved the pics!!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds exactly like our eating out experiences! We've been cooking at home more than ever :) The lake pictures are great! We've been enjoying the cooler weather, too!

Amber said...

That's my BFF! Kinley always has a big smile for me. I love that about her :)I'm glad you got a night out as a family.

Kristi said...

Cute pictures. It is a challenge to take two babies out to eat. We still have problems with that. I am the same way though, I hate letting them cry in resturants. It disturbs everyone else's dinner too.

Celeste Smith said...

I am glad that it turned out to be a night with just the four of you! You need to steal those times! I love the pics! I miss being charmed by Kinleys sweet little smile! I was always WAY self conscious to allow Lily to scream in public as a baby...just seemed like everyone was staring!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you guys got a night out as a family. Those are very special times. Emmy went through the "crying it out" phase. I was really hoping Sam wouldn't, but I think we are entering into that stage. He really doesn't like to sleep. I guess he's afraid he'll miss too much.

Bethany said...

They're adorable! I'm glad your family had a chance to enjoy the lovely fall weather together :)

Kelly said...

These pictures are adorable! Your daughters are so precious! :)

We are the Smith Family said...

Looks like a great day...I love it when we get to do things as a fam of 4.....

We are the Smith Family said...

Dinner time is rough for us out as well....Maddy does great...she visits with those around us...stays in her seat....eats and eats and eats...Thomas on the other hand would rather crawl all over the nasty floor...he hates being confined to a chair and is NOT interested in anything to eat except goldfish....he wriggles and squirms and fusses until we get him out and then wears us out rolling and moving, etc...makes for an "eventful" outing but as parents ....we MUST get out!!! I will just have more patience with other parents in the future...that is for sure! We are doing the BEST we can and most people understand that!!! Hopefully the more we practice the better!