Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 18, 2010

March of Dimes!

On Saturday the four of us had the wonderful experience of walking the 5 mile March of Dimes walk. It was lots of fun and all for a good cause. It was such a humbling experience to see so many families that have been affected by premature birth. March of Dimes is a wonderful cause and we were so happy to be a part of it.

We walked as a part of Team Reese and Riley! I have been reading Amy's blog for a while and we realized that we actually went to the same college. She put together a team and we were so happy to be a part of it!

Our wonderful team! So many sweet people!
(Reese & Riley stayed home and played with their Grandparents!)

The girls and I before the walk. It was a yucky day and cold to start!

There were LOTS of people to support such a wonderful cause


Before the walk started, we were standing around. The girls were a little fussy and not happy about not moving!

Madelyn


Kinley

We figured out what was wrong with Maddie she had a SUPER poopy diaper that Chris (haha) had to change...I hear it was an interesting experience out there without any place to do that!

Kinley waiting while her sister was getting changed.
She quickly reached over and stole her balloon!
The girls and Collin excited to get started!
Sweet Amy and Richey.
You know you are a Daddy of girls when you rock the Pink Backpack and the girls aren't even there! I love it!

They had signs of preemies and memorials along the walk.

We got to see some of our quad friends sign!
We missed you Gerwers, they had all gotten sick and couldn't come!

Reese and Riley! (they left out Riley's name)

Leah, Amy's sister who little boy Liam was stillborn at 20 weeks


Our sign! (yes they spelled Madelyn's name wrong)



They have come a LONG way! My sweet preemies!


We did it! 5 miles! Kinley was still napping!


We had a great time and can't wait to do it next year!


Oh and guess who has taken 5 or 6 steps this week?!?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a GREAT cause! I wish we could have joined you!

Loving the new stroller! Steps?? Lookout!!

amy said...

OH I love this post!! I need to gather everyone's pics (since my camera was DEAD and I didn't have it! :(... but I DID have peanut butter crackers... haha!) and do a post too. You and your fam are precious. So glad to know you in real life now. :)

5-6 steps?!! WHOO HOOO!!!

Celeste Smith said...

LOVE IT! How fun...you made me kind of teary...your wee one have come a long way..I remember they were so so so tiny...it is hard to think of them that way!

GOOOOOOOO! K!!!! I want video I want video I want video! Mom...your life is about to change!

Anonymous said...

MAN! So bummed we werent there this year!! SUCKS! Glad yall had a good time!

Bret and Heather said...

Hey Elizabeth! Love yalls shirts! Just wanted to let you know you can pick up your MOD sign this week at the March of Dimes office in Plano on Coit. I responded on my blog, but wanted to make sure you got the message!

Kristi said...

I wish we would have been able to be apart of a walk. It is a great cause, and of course hits close to home as it did for both of yal. Your sweet babies have come a long way.

Anonymous said...

Good post and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you seeking your information.