Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Shopping with the twins lately

So lately shopping with the girls has gotten quite interesting. In addition to the normal grabing everything and whining when I don't hand them everything they have become quite the daredevils!


See how sneaky they look!



So the other day at Target, I was running into the store just buy diapers. (which face it never happens at Target, I always buy tons of stuff!!!) Anyways I decided that I just wanted to load them into the shopping cart so I parked next to the shopping cart drop off. I parked too close to it and couldn't fit the cart on both sides of the van. I loaded kinley first then parked her at the end of the van to get Madelyn. (quickly I might add) I was watching her the entire time except when I had to unbuckle maddie. I turned around and didn't see the cart or kinley! Ok, freak out moment. Run around and see kinley and the cart rolling down the parking lot!!!! Seriously she was at least three cars away and smiling like she was on a rollar coaster. I looked like a crazy person running down the road carrying another baby chasing a runaway cart. Madelyn and Kinley thought we were playing the whole time laughing!


Then the other day I decided to do a little clothes shopping. Madelyn who is turning out to be my monkey, was completly out of her belt and looked like this!!!!



I have no idea how she got out of the belt but she did! I quickly took a picture with my phone so it's not that great of a picture.

Never a dull moment!





8 comments:

Kristi said...

Oh girl, I can just see you running down the parking lot after your runaway buggy and baby! Probably funnier for the observing and not the momma, but still made Ben and I laugh! Let me tell you I have no idea how they can escape those buckles in the strollers but I have the same stroller and 2 monkeys who get out everytime I buckle them in. Glad you could join me in the fun of raising a monkey! Ha, love you and your monkeys.

Hilary said...

Oh man I feel for you..:)

Anonymous said...

OMG! That has been one of my biggest fears, too! We have a trailer hitch on the back of the suburban and I always try to park the cart up against it in hopes that it doesn't take off! Glad she enjoyed the ride, though! LOL! My girls really study the snaps on their car seats when we're unbuckling them. I bet it's not long until they are hopping out of their seats mid-drive! Yikes!

Can't wait until tomorrow!!

Hayley said...

Oh my word. I bet you DID have a freak out (I did just reading about it). I decided to do some MAJOR grocery shopping this week too with B&B. It wasn't as bad as I expected, but it's not something I would like to do weekly. We had to drive about 25 minutes to an HEB since they have the double seats in their baskets.

sweetpeanme said...

OH WOW!!!!!!!! What a story!! I keep thinking how hard it is to shop with my two month olds...but when they're MOBILE...THAT'S when it'll get INTERESTING!!! :o) You are so brave!

Celeste Smith said...

I think any shopping trip with your girls turns into adventure...remember when i was preg with R and we took all our girls to the store? man! we got some looks!

We are the Smith Family said...

OMG....I know you were freaking!!! That is just one of my many fears!!!! Bless you!!!! My Thomas is also part monkey and he LOVES bananas to prove it :)

amy said...

OH MY I am laughing so hard!!!! My stroller has 'run away' in a parking lot... but the girls were NOT in it. I kept thinking how horrible it'd be if they (or one) were! It literally went CLEAR across a parking lot and crashed into a parked car. ha! I couldn't help but laugh. You're right- never a dull moment. Makes for great stories though. :)